Tracking Social Media Followers And Performance With Different Tools For Conversions
You can increase the traffic to your site when you get more of your social media followers to visit it. However, in order to do so, you will need to track your social followers as well as the performance of your site and posts. This will enable you to find whether you need to make any changes in your posts to attract more new followers to your social accounts and site.
The best way to track your social media performance is by using Google Analytics.
- This tool will enable you to know a lot of things about your social site and website visitors.
- With this knowledge, you will be able to couple the data from your social media and website.
- This will, in turn, enable you to create the most productive traffic-driving machine to your site.
With the help of Google Analytics, you will be able to know the exact types of content people want from you and like to respond. You will also come to know about a significant fact: the particular type of social networks your audience prefers.
All these facts and knowledge will eventually help you to drive more traffic and leads to your website. In addition to that, it will provide a high ROI of social media efforts.
Watch out for the Competition
In any field of business, there is a lot of competition. You will need to watch out for this and study your competitors as well. Once again, these analytical tools will help you a great deal in that. With the help of these tools, you can do different things, such as:
- Research on social media
- Implement new strategies
- Know different unknown and uncovered data
- Formulate a better plan for your marketing to be foolproof and in the process
- Save time and earn more.
Studying your competition is an excellent way to know about the strategies that are working and incorporate these into your social media marketing campaigns.
Therefore, make the best out of the competitor analysis section that these social media tools usually come with. You will get a complete breakdown of :
- Their content
- Click-through rates
- The content that is getting more views and
- The contents that are converting to more click-throughs.
Your competitors are just like the research and development team. You can make their success your template and consider their failures as a warning sign. This will help you to gain more social traffic and followers for Instagram, whom you can then drive towards your website.
Focus on specific analytical tools
When it comes to analyzing your social media followers and determining the ways to increase traffic to your site, you will need to focus on specific analytical tools to use for that matter.
You will get a comprehensive and extensive list of some of the best social media tools, so much so that you will be overwhelmed to make a choice. However, when you choose, you must make sure that you look into a few specific factors, such as:
- The platform the tool exclusively works best for
- The depth and usefulness of the analytical reports that it provides
- How useful it is for your business needs
- Whether you can use it to analyze and optimize your social media audience
- Whether it allows for simple and affordable solutions and help in your social media management
- Whether or not it has the necessary analytics and scheduling features, and more.
Remember, it is only an excellent analytical tool that will not only help you to formulate your marketing strategy but will also enable you to know when and how to run quizzes, contests, and promotions to stack up against your social media marketing campaign against your competitors.
Tools to track social traffic
In addition to the general analytical tools, you will also need to consider using specific tools that will tell you about and monitor your social media traffic. This will ensure that you not only know what your opponents are doing and publishing on social media but will also help you to find the opportunities to recommend your support and even use social listening, this will ensure that you avoid any potential nightmare when it comes to PR.
There are some of the best social media tracking tools available on the market that will help you to track your followers, your brand, your competitors, lead generation as well as react to the reputation issues quickly. Some of these tools that have made social listening simple and easy are:
- HootsuiteTweetDeck and
This is not an exclusive list. There are several others that you can consider using as well. However, the best and most preferred analytical tool by the marketers and advertisers happen to be Google Analytics as it tracks the social traffic in the best way possible.
Using Google Analytics
If you are a beginner, you may need some help to use Google Analytics. However, this is not a task that will need a lot of time and effort from your side. All you have to do is:
- Set up a social media marketing dashboard in Google Analytics. This will provide you with relevant and more quantitative data that will help you to know which particular social media channel is driving the maximum, qualified, and targeted traffic to your website. You will also understand how they are interacting with your website.
- Also, set up a Google Analytics dashboard in addition to that. This will help you to monitor and analyze your social media efforts to determine the ROI.
Most importantly, you must identify your social media goals and objectives using S.M.A.R.T. technique. This means our goals should be Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, and Timely, in short SMART.
Summing it up
With the help of the new Google Analytics social reports, you will be able to scale your business with an increase in your social media followers. Drive them top your site with virtually no up-front investment.
This report provides everything at a glance, making it a lot easier to track social media traffic and performance.
Author bio: Karen is a Business Tech Analyst. She is very responsible towards her job. She loves to share her knowledge and experience with her friends and colleagues.