Despite the advent of Facebook, Instagram and other platforms, the classic email marketing strategies still hold much value today. It has immense potential even today, more than 4.4 billion people worldwide will be relying on this strategy by 2024.
However, today, mass emails to market your brand is not the way to go about your promotion. The way devices are changing and evolving, the marketing trends have to be upgraded accordingly too.
We have listed 10 such trends to give you a clear insight into the marketing strategy and how you can best implement it for your business.
Videos in email
Gone are the days of a plain and boring newsletter with minimal graphics. Videos in every platform are rapidly dominating the marketing strategies and today, they can be used as a part of the email newsletter too. Videos are visually appealing which can prompt the potential clients to convert into leads.
As videos are rather self-explanatory and visually impact the viewers to make them aware of the product and service, they are more readily influenced. The concise nature of videos as compared to written newsletters is another reason behind the popularity of video email marketing.
AI in Email Marketing
Artificial Intelligence or AI is rapidly growing and infiltrating every segment in different industries and email marketing is not an exception to this trend. Here are a few ways in which AI can be incorporated in email marketing and how it is slowly and steadily becoming a hot trend:
- List segmentation of all the potential clients can be done much faster with the help of AI technology.
- Effectively strategizing the outreach techniques can be quickly formulated with all the data collected through AI. Unlike human effort, AI can increase the expanse of these data manifolds.
- As the span and scope of AI are increasing, the ways it can be effectively used for email marketing is also expanding. Hence, you can easily put it to good use when you are innovative about the approach.
Keeping these benefits in mind, businesses are looking towards Top Python development companies to integrate AI in their email marketing.
Hyper-personalization in Email Marketing
The demand for personalized services and products is growing by the day and marketing strategies are no exception to this. It has been witnessed that a personalized approach to marketing to clients, keeping in mind the requirement they may have is a good way to improve the conversion rate.
With the help of AI technology, personalizing the approach in email marketing has become far easier as you get access to a wide range of data which helps to understand individual clients’ requirements.
Here are some ways how hyper-personalization of email marketing can benefit any business:
- Personalized subject lines have an instant appeal which increases the chance of the email being opened.
- Birthday mails, personalized offers have a higher success rate of being checked by the client.
- Keeping the mail concise and to the point, understanding the specific requirement of the client also makes your marketing campaign successful as they are more likely to respond according to the CTA.
Power of drip campaign
Email marketing automation or drip campaigns refers to the sequence of trigger-based emails rather than relying on a one-time shot. Maintaining better communication with clients with thorough understanding of their requirements becomes easier with the help of such strategic campaigns.
Moreover, when a customer receives such emails which are at par with their preference, it gives them a sense of control over their inbox and your marketing mail is least likely to land in the trash.
As the mails are in sync and promoting a single value or product, it does not seem to appear out of the blue. This is why irrespective of how good the content is, conventional email campaigns often fail as prospective clients fail to relate to the tone or the subject.
Avoid spamming at all cost
Spamming potential clients have never worked well in the past, and today they are looked down upon even more as the spam detection of the mailboxes have become stronger than ever. The General Data Protection Regulations or GDPR has become stricter than ever in the past couple of years and hence spamming will just set back your business goals.
According to Adam Robinson, CEO of GetEmails, spamming directly affects the reputation of the brand and to avoid that in the long run, removing unengaged people from your email list periodically is the best solution. This way, no one will feel spammed even when that was not your intention.
Engagement with clients and customers is now becoming more important than ever before with the advent of social media. What if you can follow the same trend in a one-on-one marketing strategy like email marketing? This is possible today and here are a few tricks to do so:
- Animated buttons and CTA statements.
- Slideshows or roll-over effects to showcase the products.
- Clickable and interactive images that take the user straight to the offer page.
- Using the accordion feature to make long-format emails more compact.
- Surveys and polls to get an idea about your customer’s preferences.
- Gamifying the emails or adding features that take the users straight to a lucky draw or game page can also make your email campaign stand out from the rest.
As the internet is becoming more visual by each passing day, it is time to step up the graphics of your email campaigns too. Here’s how:
- Minimalism is not limited to home décor but has also made its way into other aspects and many experts predict it will soon reflect in email campaigns too. A clean, concise email body and a very sober and strategic colour scheme can make the business stand out. However, do note that it should be at par with your business genre to work out.
- As Apple’s dark mode entered the market, the popularity of the dark theme is growing as people realize that squinting to make sense of the content through bright colours is no longer necessary.
- If it complements your business genre, embracing bright and bold colours can also work out for you. It is all about understanding the mindset of potential clients.
Making user-generated content or UGC a part of your email campaign is a great way to earn the trust of your potential clients. Showcase what your present clients say about your brand in your emails.
This also gives your potential clients a sense of belonging as they witness the value you are putting on the opinions of your present clients and what they can experience too when they become your client.
Imagine this- your email newsletter is not only visually appealing but rich in substantial content and you are confident that it can make a positive impression. And yet, as you analyse the responses you are getting from it, they are not so great. What possibly went wrong?
Chances are that your email is not responsive. Irrespective of the quality you maintained while creating a newsletter, if its design is not responsive on smartphones, you cannot achieve the desired results. Hence, the importance of making your campaign cannot be neglected.
Data and content
Lastly, one can never put enough emphasis on the importance of the data. If your user opens the marketing mail and does not find anything of substance even once, they are likely to mark it spam or not open the future mails again.There are several easily available alternatives for the same product today which means the attention span of the potential customer is decreasing. They will not wait more than a few seconds to look for an alternative if you cannot create an impact with your marketing strategy.
Email marketing strategies and techniques are changing by the day, and staying updated with the latest trends is the only way to keep your success rate with this marketing strategy consistent. If you are doing everything right in terms of the above-mentioned trends, witnessing a better ROI is just a matter of time right now.
Author Name:– Harikrishna Kundariya
Biography:– Harikrishna Kundariya, a marketer, developer, IoT, ChatBot & Blockchain savvy, designer, co-founder, Director of eSparkBiz Technologies. His 8+ experience enables him to provide digital solutions to new start-ups based on IoT and ChatBot.
Here at Seocustomer you can get tips and tricks for your SEO, Social Media, Link Building and Marketing. Get ideas and tools here.
Need a digital marketing bureau – contact SeoCustomer.dk.
V Stadionsvej 3