Squeeze Pages: Creation, Management & Optimization
Online marketing is a tricky affair. On one hand the selling efforts have to be aggressive, pointed, and relentless; while on the other hand the comfort and privacy of customers have to be considered as well.
Squeeze pages, or opt-in landing pages, are lead capture pages that seek to subtly extract vital visitor information in order to engender leads and eventually trigger revenues. More specifically, Squeeze pages aim at procuring the names and email addresses of potential customers via persuasive advertisements thereby “opting them” into the venture’s sales radar.
A detailed guide on how best to develop, use, and enhance Squeeze pages for overall profit:
- A Squeeze page may be created as a discrete landing page or included as a segment of a venture’s web site or social media platform, which would prove to be more helpful keeping integration in mind.
- A Squeeze page should essentially consist of the ensuing elements:
- Headline: It should be compelling and catchy headline to draw immediate attention. It should relay a call to action and be prominently displayed with clever use of fonts, color, and layout.
- Description: A concise and clear introduction about what the subject matter is all about.
- Advantages: This section should succinctly outline the benefits the visitor will obtain from following the venture’s offerings. It is highly advisable to detail the advantages in the form of bullet points for easier assimilation.
- Opt-in form: This is similar to a subscription form; its objective is to get visitors to share contact information particularly their names and email addresses.This can either be a straightforward opt-in form or a sophisticated automatic responder form that intuitively manages subsequent emails posted by visitors. One may select from well-liked email auto-responding services like Aweber, iContact, Infusion Soft, Auto Response Plus, and more.
- Images: If the offering consists of a definite product, a couple of attractive photographs can be useful.
- Other Multimedia: Likewise, sound and video clips can be inserted to hold visitors’ interest.
- Confidentiality Assurance: This is an often overlooked constituent of a Squeeze page. A brief sentence reassuring visitors that their information would be kept private can go a long way in generating sales leads and actual revenues.
- One may design squeeze pages internally or take the help of the many complimentary templates available online.
- Pop-up squeeze pages ought to be discouraged; these are extremely irksome and dissuade visitors from exploring the inherent sales offerings.
Using Squeeze Pages for Maximum Benefit
- Squeeze pages are primarily data-harnessing instruments aimed at converting leads into sales. Thus they can be used for advertising the venture’s newsletter and increasing subscriptions. If the visitors are suitably informed about how they’ll stand to gain from the venture’s products and services, subscriptions will exponentially increase.
- Squeeze pages are especially beneficial for fledgling entrepreneurs and startup companies. These entities invariably need to publicize their ventures via online methods such as social media advertising, free dossiers, webinars, and contests. Squeeze pages can be utilized to appraise potential customers about these methods speedily and through a single, uniform source.
- It is a good idea to use squeeze pages to assess the response of visitors. If the response is positive, then the squeeze pages may be replaced by pages promoting outright sales. If, however, the response is adverse, more efforts should be directed at honing squeeze page dynamics.
- Identification of target audience according to type of product offered is vital. Squeeze pages can then be used to concentrate sales efforts precisely.
- Squeeze pages should always offer remedies to issues faced by visitors and customers. Thus calls to action must be subservient to customer benefits. If value addition is emphasized, it will lead to more traffic and engender greater sales potential.
The above are essential recommendations – ventures may alter the same to suit their goals and target customer base.
This guest post is brought to you by Chad Bauer of timewarnercable.wedocable.com, a site that offers savings and current information on time warner internet speed.