Okay I admit it – getting theses backlinks kan be very very very anonning and frustative. Why dont we have a program to click on – and then we have 10.000 backlinks… hmmm
Maybe the most important single issue in SEO is backlinks. Links are making up around 50 precent of the ranking. So no excuses – are you ready for this? 1-2-3 here we go…
And by the way – there is no easy way folks. Sorry for that 🙂
I will tell you and show you different things you can do to get thoses damm backlinks.
- Start a blog. You problerly know much more about your produkt then your viewers and customers. Post regularly and be sure its great content. Sorry folks I told you – no easy way righ
- From your blog you gotta link to other blogs. Thats the way to be noticed on the internet. Be active.
- You can get your blog listed in some of the best blog directories (http://blogs.botw.org/). In the end its about getting attention out there.
- Be active on other blogs. When other bloggers are reading your article and post some of them will link to your blog.
- If you link to other blogs remember to write a mail to them telling them – some of them will link back to your blog.
- Remember to tag your posts. It will help some of the seach engine to notice what its all about
- Get onto Google Groups (http://groups.google.com/) seach for your service og produkt and answer some quastions – and yes remember to answer with links to your website.
- Do the same with Yahoo! Answers (http://answers.yahoo.com/). Again remember the links every time you post an answer.
- Do you know the Squidoo page (http://www.squidoo.com/). Set up a topical page and link to expert documents and useful tools. And yes remember to create a link back to your site.
- I love number 4 here – if you have a good advice or another free website to use pls send the link back to me and I will update this post. Thx
- Remember to go to Wikipedia (http://www.wikipedia.org/) and write about your company. You can also go to other artikles that is relatate to your industry and company and try to make links to your website from there too. If you are in the Energy business go to seach the organisations your companies are involved with and try to make links to your company from there.
- Put up an artikel on your website and submit your story to Digg (http://digg.com/) with links back to the story on your website.
Wow folks… I havent even got started yet. Grab some coffee. Ready? 1-2-3 ….. lol
Pay Per Click
- When you use PPC like Google Adwords you will get peoples attention. Some of the people would never had visit your site without the add. So grab the attention, maybe try to make them sign up for a newsletter. Maybe some of them will link back to your site or blog. YES YES YES I know… I really dont like PPC so much – but sometimes it can be usefull – right?
Freebies and giveaways – Contests
- In my younger days (yes I have been younger) I didnt like contests. But now I love them – and why? Because they works. A good 200 or 300 dollars prize can generate thousands of links. Make your contest so people will share your link – use a Facebook contest or …
- Make yourself an expert by providing a lot of tools for your customers. They will return to you when they need a link. Some will link to your page because they wanna show everybody where to find the good tools. (oh boy I need to do that too on this blog).
- Tell your viewers that if the give you some feedback they will get something. Maybe a whitepaper … or a 7 steps to ….. book.
Do you want me to stop now? No? Okay … the coffee is still hot?
- We are all listlovers. No no no not all – I know. But most people love lists. So build a top 7 list, or top 10 list or 100 ways to…. People love to list to thoses. (hmm should I have made this as a huge list? – damm when will I ever learn)
- Build a 99 or a 101 list
- Build a list with 10 myths for your category
- Get a guru or expert to show your authority
Local links and business links
- Get link from your local chamber of commerce
- Find relevant city and state govermental site where you can submit your link
- Sometimes the local library has a useful web site
- Check if your business parnters wanna put a link on their website to your site
Sorry folks now its time for the coffee… but there are plenty more posibilities regarding getting links back to your site. So the next article will continue this article.