One of the most important things to do when you do SEO is to get a higher ranking right?
But if you want to get a higher ranking you have to check your ranking to see if all your efforts are working. Yes yes yes I know.. Also if you want to keep your boss happy. So lately I have been looking out for a great ranking checker program or tool.
Let me show you just a few of them – so you can get inspired. And yes I want to start with a free one. One I just discovered here a couple of days ago.
Free Monitor for Google
I am so amazed. I just wish I knew this tool way back. Very easy to use. And one thing I really love is that you can put the setting to your country. Free Monitor for Google supports about 50 regional Google data centers. Google web rankings may vary significantly depending on data centers. If your site is on top in one country, it may rank lower in other countries. So if you (like me) want to check www.Google.dk (from Denmark) you can do that too. And yes – of course – you can also check Google.com.
Currently supported countries: Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Costa Rica, Cuba, Denmark, Ecuador, Fiji, Finland, France, Germany, Guatemala, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Luxemburg, Malaysia, Malta, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Panama, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Senegal, Seychelles, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, United Kingdom, USA.
Free Monitor for Google is a free search engine position software designed for SEO specialists and webmasters. But if you are working in marketing you can (of course) use it too. Free Monitor for Google sends a query to Google and shows you a position of your site by your target keywords and also how well your competitors are doing. It keeps statistics for several URLs and several lists of keywords.
Try it now, it is free! Just add your keywords and you are going 🙂 Love it guys.
You can download it for FREE here
Let me show you this video about Rank Checker.
Rank checker is another free tool. This tool is an add-on for Firefox. You can check two Google domains in one report but you can also check the search engines Bing and Yahoo.
Another ranking checker where you don’t have to install anything, and where you can check your local Google ranking is www.brightlocal.com. You can get 30 days for free. So go and try it now. But remember it will cost you some money if you want to use it after 30 days.
Advanced Web Ranking
I am using the Advanced Web Ranking. It has over 800 search engines and is very quickly to find out if you are moving up or down in ranking, or if your site is listed at all.
You can save your positions and compare the positions in reports. It will track your progress of your ranking over time.
You can use the scheduled updates ability so when you are starting to work in the morning your reports will be ready for you in your Inbox. Awesome. Let me list some of the key features of Advanced Web Ranking.
- Unlimited number of projects.
- Unlimited number of URLs and keywords in a project.
- More than 300 international and local search engines.
- Uses Google API to search on Google.
- Uses Google Suggest to help you find relevant keywords on Google.
- Generate keywords for your projects.
- Friendly to Search Engines and their resources.
- Safe to use for users: no URL data being sent to search engines.
- Stop the update if the URL is found.
- Search engine auto-updates within 48 hours when page or query format changes.
- Automated checks and updates when new search engines definitions are released.
- Operation indistinguishable from that of a regular web browser.
- Tracking of the progress of your rankings over time.
- Powerful, highly customizable graphical ranking reports (charts).
- Powerful, highly customizable tabular ranking reports.
- Custom URL colors for quick identification of the competition.
- Apply Page Markers to your graphical charts.
- Function from behind a firewall, gathering data through a proxy server.
- Optimized bandwidth usage with simultaneous multithreaded searches.
- Backup and Restore functionality for project data.
- Custom search for localized Search Engines for both language and country.
- Import keywords from a file and from the META tag of a website.
- Export keywords from projects to local files.
- Import URLs from either files or web pages.
- Export URLs from projects to local files.
- Import historical data from Web Position Gold projects.
- Schedule project updates at the time and date of your choice.
- Localization: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish.
- 30 day unconditional money back guarantee.
- 12 months free maintenance plan (product and search engine updates).
- Free email support.
Check here how to set up a new project
You see – very easy to use.
It’s not free. So check out the prices. There are different plans you can buy. Check it out here.
PS… Just be a little careful – don’t run the program every day… Maybe ones a week or once a month. If you ask to check much below the first page of Google then you are at risk of your IP address being temporarily blocked by Google !
This is also why the program has some time delay between the checks 🙂
Please give me a comment – which software are you using – and do you like it ?
Well that’s all from now. I better make my coffee and check my rankings 🙂