Every online marketer out there has heard of Twitter. Twitter is great for marketing but it takes a little while to understand. But if you get the hang of it, Twitter can do miracles for your marketing and help spread the word like no other.
Here are some of the ways you can get more out of Twitter.
1. Tweet Constantly – If you want to people to follow you and you want a larger audience, you want to always stay in their mind. If you stop tweeting people will unfollow you. The trick is to tweet the right amount without over tweeting and annoying your followers into unfollowing. Start with a few tweets a day and make changes accordingly.
2. Tweet Consistently – Make sure that you do not tweet 10 times in the morning and don’t tweet at all for the rest of the day. You want to spread out your tweets and the best way to do that is by using BufferApp.com. You can tweet whenever you want to and it will save them and tweet them throughout the day.
3. Get Ideas – Use the Twitter to get ideas on what you want to blog about. Let’s be honest, if you are a blogger, one of your biggest problems is that you constantly run out of ideas to blog about. Follow people in your niche and see what these people are having problems with. Chances are if one person has a problem, then other people do as well. Write a blog post that solves that problem.
4. Use Social media Monitoring Tools. Use them. Getting the top social media monitoring tools like Hoot Suite can help save a lot of time and make your Twitter campaigns more efficient. You will be able to gather a lot more data and have a lot more control.
5. Building relationships. Twitter is great for outreach. Tweet at someone and chances are they will respond. Just make sure it isn’t someone who is very famous. They probably don’t have the time to respond to everyone. Go for mid ranged bloggers and you can easily get guest post opportunities , etc.
6. Be unique. There are a lot of Twitter accounts out there and it is generally better if you stand out. You can get a lot more followers if your account is unique. Do not stick to the basic background. Make a custom one or one that sticks out from the rest. The same should apply to your avatar. When people are looking through tweets, the thing that catches their eye the most is your avatar. Try different avatars and see which picture of you is getting the best results.
7. Monitor your brand. Use Twitter to see what people are saying about your blog or business. This is a great way to get an understanding of how people feel about you/your site. You can do this manually or use one of the many tools out there that gather all tweets that have to do with a particular topic.
This article is brought to you by Mark Trueman